6/23/2008

From Concrete to Dust




The last two weeks have been defining moments for me this year, oddly enough with the same God inspired result.  I probably couldn't have been in two of the most different places in the world in back to back weeks.  

The first week, we flew to Chi-Town (my favorite city) for the biggest Creative Arts Conferences in the country.  We had a great time, it was refreshing, relaxing, and a time of renewal for our team.  However we didn't walk out of there with any life changing concepts. At first I was very frustrated, because I had all of these preconceived ideas on what we would take home, and how it would change the way we did church.

 Could it be that a church of 6 or 700 in a country town create services like that of churches that are 10 times our size.  I think the answer is yes...  Maybe not on the same production level, but with the same innovative creative concepts.

What I learned is that we were doing stuff right.  We are in a good place. We are in a place where God wants us to be:  We've got to keep pushing to get better, take chances, fall down and get back up! 

 But in the end, BE SATISFIED and ENJOY WHERE YOU ARE!  

A lot of times, that's hard for me.

After Chi-town we turn right around and make the drive to Mexico.  What a journey!  

For the first times in my life, I experienced the way the rest of the world lives.  With my own eyes I watched and eight year old girl with a stick in hand dig through piles and piles of trash in a land fill to find food and something for shelter.  It turns out that's what she does all day with the rest of her family for life and income. 

I took this picture one night before our VBS just a a simple reminder to all of us to pray for these people! I can't wait to see what God does as we continue to partner with these cities.

My take home from Mexico:  Never take your life for granted.  Enjoy where you are at!
Enjoy your home. Enjoy your family, Enjoy your friends.  For we are in a good place.

God takes me across the country in two totally different economic stratospheres just to say: 

Enjoy, don't take where you are and what it is given to you for granted because one day it can all change.

Seems simple.. huh, but sometimes it's so easy to forget how good we have it. 

Man.. it's good to be home.
 



No comments: