6/09/2008

Leaving Yesterday...


(I Stole that title from a band I once knew.)



I took this picture yesterday on the way to the water park that we rented out.  Yesterday in all of it's chaos was incredible.  We had over 750 in worship and 115 in our Hispanic service... It was a good day with lots of energy. Any time you let a band all under the age of 11 lead worship, there is energy, no matter what they sound like..  I say all that to say I'm thankful to be at this place in my journey together with these people.  It's taken some weird twist to get here, but I'm glad I'm here....

That picture reminds me of the thousands of churches and people around the country that are always looking in the rear view thinking back to the "good old days."  (Sometimes I'm one of them.)

 What were the good old days ? I mean... really? 

Do you even remember them? 

Did you even consider them good days?

I'm glad we are at a place, where we can focus on the big picture.  The one in front of us, the future. 

It's time we quit looking in the past, and start remembering the past is the past for a reason.  

It's time to forgive, forget and celebrate what you've learned.  It's time to move on.. together..

These are the days to step out, trust, love, support, and enjoy where we are going together.

It's time to quit looking back in the rear view, and starting looking ahead..

It's time to do something big.. It's time to dream..  

Let's leave yesterday... shall we?

Ecclesiastes 7: 8

No comments: