10/22/2008

Living 1/2 Dead



As I've been thinking through our new series " One Month To Live"  I've really had to take hard look at the way I've been living my life over the past year. I've become a pessimist and like the title suggest, perhaps life hasn't been as exciting or full of zeal that it should be.  

 One of my first steps in this initiative was to start the diet that has been posted previously called "Don't Eat Me"  As I stepped on the scale Monday, I was 177 pounds, the lightest I've been since I was a freshman in college. Only 7 pounds to the goal.

The second thing I did was to buy a Ruckus.  (Yes, that's the picture you could be laughing at above)  This probably seems like a shallow or silly thing to do, but to be honest I don't know the last time I had this much fun or felt this free. I never remember having this much fun on my daily drives to work, the store, and around town.  

Make fun of me all you want, but @ 121 miles to the gallon, it's looking like it's gonna cost me $1.50 for gas this month.  If anyone should be laughing, it should be me all the way to the bank.

My list doesn't just stop with these 2 things, but I don't want to bore you.

 You've got 720 hours a month, how are you spending them?  What would you do if you knew you only had one month to live?  What would you start doing? What would you stop? Who would you apologize to?  What would you fix? 

Don't wait, do it now!

As for me and my "man moped" we are on a new initiative.


No comments: