5/10/2008

Mothers Day , Mariachis, Beer & Jesus




Yesterday was my annual shopping trip for Mother's Day.  Every year, I buy her the same thing, and end up buying a lot more for me than I do for her.  I was determined to change that yesterday. 
 
 I started off heading Here to buy some stuff for the office, but to find out, Target has really nice pants.  So of course, you can't pass up nice pants, especially when they are 20 bucks. So I Bought them.. (1 for me, none for mom)   After Target, my next destination... the mall. 

After several trips around, I wondered into this place:  (And Yes, they do have men's clothes) It turns out they have really nice shirts for 15 bucks.  So I bought two of them!  (3 for me, none for mom) After Forever 21, I ended up in here:  Of course, I couldn't pass up a 6 dollar shirt that apparently has a hole in it!, and more really nice pants. (That's 5 for me, none for mom) Next I ended up here:  So i bought some new flip flops. (6 for me, none for mom)

After the very long day in Dallas, it was nice to come back to K-town for Dinner.  I met the Millers  and Kellie C at a Fine Establishment called The Blue House.  To our surprise, it was Mariachi night which was quite entertaining, even though I didn't know a word they were saying.

Following dinner, we headed back to their house for interesting conversation about toe nails, ear candles, and the large intestine.

About 10 45, we hear a knock on the door, it turns out, it's an old high-school acquaintance of ours who was very, very drunk.  He asked to talk to Grant, actually he wanted to pour his whole life on to Grant.  So for the next 45 minutes, he rambles on about selling drugs, marriage, divorce, babies and leaving the pen. (Huntsville)

After a lot of Thought on that conversation:

Grant Handled Himself In The Same Jesus Would Have.

Here's How:

1. Grant showed the man, he loved him by listening first.
2. He was not judgemental
3. He spoke in ways and context the man could understand.
4. He was patient
5. Grant was honest with him, and gave him loving correction.
6. Grant provided him hope that there was something much better than this.

It's funny how Jesus shows up at all the unexpected times, I was very proud of Grant!

On another note, we have a series called: Beer, Blackjack & Bootscootin' coming to FBC Sunday Nights very soon!

P.S. I ended up buying Mom, a gift card.... I know, I'm ridiculous...









2 comments:

The Cochran Fam said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. That Grant guy is a good one.

KevinConnell said...

Dude, just read your post on Tony Morgan's blog. Awesome idea on being suspended from the roof!!! Really illustrates what went on that day as they lowered the dude to see Jesus.

Kevin - Jax,Fl