5/08/2008

Sunday Deadlines

Deadlines are a funny thing... right, I mean, we all have them, we live by them, for many of us, we die by them, some of us they control our lives.  

For me, because of my job, I have Sunday deadlines and they are always are at the front of my mind, I get up and think about them, I occasionally eat breakfast and think about them... I go to sleep thinking about them. It's like deadlines and I are dating.  I can never get  Sunday deadlines out of my head.  I think one Sunday deadline at a time.  I'm sitting here  in my office on a Thursday night at 10  15 pm because of a deadline...


Wait a minute.  Maybe it's not deadlines at all... 

Maybe it's the fact that I'm so consumed by the thoughts below that the deadlines aren't the real things that drives me.  The deadlines are the things I have to accomplish for these questions to be answered each Sunday in our worship experiences.

What do I have to get done this week in order to create a life changing moment with God?
What can we do better this week?  What can we do that pushes the envelope? What can we do that different.  What can we do that is unexpected.  What have we done in the past that works?  What can we do that draws more people to Jesus.  How to we get more people in this building to hear the gospel? How do we relate to the unchurched? What do they like, what don't they like?  What do they need? How can we create an experience that is life changing.  


Sunday is a beautiful day.



No comments: